Identify a specific human service organization (one in which you now work, have worked, or for which you have access to information). Conduct research to determine any issue(s) this organization faces that you as a social work leader could address.
Prepare a comprehensive research paper to address the following:
- Identify the organization and provide its mission, size, programs, services, and a brief description of the leadership team.
- Provide the organizational structure of the agency.
- Explain an issue or problem that the organization is facing or has faced in the recent past.
- Analyze this issue or problem from a leadership theoretical perspective. Pay particular attention to change approaches that are evidence-based.
- Discuss the change approach used by the leader(s) of the organization. Determine which characteristics and style of leadership may have contributed to the problem. Explain which characteristics and styles are necessary to address the problem. Support your findings with research supported by theory.
- Explain how these leadership styles and theories support the actions of the leader or suggest leaders should pursue a different approach to change.
- Analyze how the leadership changes will fit within the context of the organization while upholding ethical standards required of social work professionals.
Support your assignment with at least five scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources, including seminal articles, may be included.
Length: 10-12 pages, not including title and reference pages